I’ve been craving cold desserts recently. Since I’ve been avoiding chocolate and caffeine, I decided to make a vegan, gluten-free and sugar-free carob and coconut cream mousse. It’s been almost two years since the last time I’ve made anything with sugar at home, so sugar-free desserts aren’t foreign in our home. Most of our favorite desserts are raw, vegan and gluten-free.
When I made this mousse for dinner one night, Kerwin was amazed by the creaminess and asked if it really was vegan.
If you or someone you know love(s) chocolate mousse, give this vegan, gluten-free, sugar-free and caffeine-free version a try! It’s a healthy alternative and tastes delicious. My favorite coconut cream to use is the Trader Joe’s brand.
This creamy carob and coconut cream mousse only needs five ingredients and a mixer/blender. That’s it! Give it a try.
Carob and Coconut Cream Mousse
- 1 can full-fat coconut cream, refrigerated overnight
- 3 Tbsp carob powder
- 3 Tbsp Grade B maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp non-alcoholic vanilla flavoring
- 2 Tbsp chopped walnuts (or another nut of choice)
- After refrigerating the coconut cream overnight, open it and scoop out only the white part and place it in a mixing bowl or food processor. Leave out the liquid at the bottom of the can.
- Add the carob powder and maple syrup.
- Using the whipping attachment on your mixer or food processor, whip the mixture into a mousse.
- Spoon the mixture into serving bowls.
- Garnish with chopped nuts and drizzle with maple syrup (optional).
Question. What is your all-time favorite cold dessert? Please leave a comment by clicking here.