This looks so healthy. Wish I could have some friends over to taste this when I make it.
Roasted Almond Pumpkin Seed Butter - Source
- 2 cups raw almonds
- 2 cups raw pepitas/pumpkin seeds
- 2 tsp garam masala or more to taste (an Indian spice mixture)
- dash of cayenne pepper for a little kick, optional
- 1/2 tsp agave syrup
- sea salt to taste
1. Preheat oven to 170F and line a baking sheet with parchment or a silicon baking mat. Spread the almonds out onto the prepared baking sheet and bake for 40 minutes, stirring once half way through.* Remove from oven and let cool.2. While almonds are baking, heat a dry large skillet over medium-high heat (no oil required). Add pepitas to pan and stir constantly with a wooden spoon or spatula until they are crackle, pop and are light brown on the edges (just a couple minutes). Be careful not to over toast or burn! Transfer to bowl of food processor and let them cool slightly.
3. Once almonds are mostly cool, add to the pepitas in the food processor. Turn on the processor, stopping every so often to scrape the sides, turn back on and repeat until you have a creamy almond-pepita butter (it took me about 9-10 minutes). Add salt and honey to taste and process again until well incorporated and
try not to eat it all with a spoonenjoy!